Monday, June 25, 2012

All Hail King James

Not only did Lebron James win his 1st NBA title but he won it exactly the way he needed to win to silence most of his critics. A dominating playoff run, clearly outplaying the second best player in the league and culminating it with a championship ending triple double that showcased his tremendous skill set. I admit even though I picked the heat to win, I was a Lebron critic, it was hard not to be after his mental collapse against the Mavericks last year. Did he silence me? No cause I gotta blog to write and my blogs speak volumes son! I could have released a blog with a title "Lebron wins his 1st championship" and then left the blog completely blank, but then everyone would have said 'hey man I couldn't pull up your blog'.

Straight kudos homie!!! You could argue that his playoff performance was just as good if not better than Dirk's performance last year, any of MJ's (I know this is borderline blasphemy), Bird's, Magic's or anyone else's name you want to stick in there during the modern era. Game 3 on the road they are down 2-1 against Indiana he drops 40 and 18, game 6 on the road, down 3-2 against the Celtics he drops a highly efficient 45 (ok, I just thought about MJ's 56 he put on the Knicks in game 4 of the '93 eastern Conference finals, so maybe not quite MJ, sorry Mike) and finally, he dominated 4 straight games and held the best scorer in the league in check with some borderline Scottie Pippen defense, leaving absolutely no doubt about who the best player in the league is. 30 points, 10 boards and 7 ast a game in the finals is legendary stuff boo!

If you're a conspiracy theorist, I would argue that it didn't make sense for the NBA to officiate the finals so 1-sided against the Thunder. The NBA like any big business is all about dollars, so why ensure that the Heat would win in 5 games, when the ideal setting is to allow the series to prolong itself into 6 or 7 games creating a rating bonanza and making themselves a ton of loot? You could argue that the NBA wanted the heat to win but not in 5 games. However, the problem remains that too many times the officiating in the NBA has tainted the playoffs. I recently watched the Bulls 2nd championship series clincher over the Trail Blazers and now that i watched it unbiasedly, it was clear that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, as well as the Lakers-Sacramento from 2002, Mavericks-Heat '06 and now Heat-Thunder '12 can be added to the list. The only way to combat this is to hire an independent group outside of the NBA to grade the referees and make those grades public. If you truly want the NBA to mot be viewed as some scripted WWF bush league you gotta make the referees more accountable and that's on da fo real boo.

More random thoughts:
Only Dale Earnhardt Jr. can get 1 win in over 3 years and people talk about him being a legit contender for winning a championship. In the Finals, James Harden came up smaller than George Constanza in a swimming pool. The White Sox trading for Kevin Youklis and paying him only 2 million is way better than Detroit signing Prince fielder for $214 million, at least for this year anyway. I'm not as sold on Anthony Davis as everyone else is, every time I close my eyes I see Marcus Camby. Holy shit football season is right around the corner!!! Dueces 

No comments:

Post a Comment