Friday, January 18, 2013

The Blog of Liars and the new G.O.A.T.

This week is creepy weird, between Mantei Te'o and Lance Armstrong, it transcends sports. These 2 things speak more of an issue with society more than anything. For instance, Mantei Te'o will still go on to the NFL and if he's not mentally strong, maybe he'll get harassed out of the league. Sure I'll buy that he was madly in love with someone for 3 years , he's never met before, how can I not. I've loved Halle Berry for a lot longer than that and yes I've seen her but I haven't had 1 single conversation with her and yet if she walked into the Starbucks I'm in right now and wanted to be with me forever, I'd say yes... probably (I still have issues with marriage)!!! That's just it, it's a fantasy scenario, Halle's not in Indianapolis, she's not coming to Star Bucks even though its next to a Crate and Barrell, (they have really nice stuff there). Is te'o doing the same thing? Fantasize this relationship because he really wanted it to work? Is he that gullible? Is he a real believer in true love? Who knows, it all sounds sketchy so I shall reserve the right to pass judgement after it plays out and so should you. But this next mutha fucka, I'm judging his arrogant ass all the way...

Sure I'll buy that Lance Armstrong cheating, put him on a level playing field with his top competitors. I'll even accept to a point that its a different situation than Bonds and Clemons, cause he had to do it to win, where as the misremembered and Giant head didn't need to do so, they were HOF's already. That's all he gets though, it's one thing to cheat and deny but he was a dick about it. It's like if you cheat on your girlfriend and she accuses you of cheating and then you turn around and beat the shit out of her because of it. I can give a fuck about his Livestrong Foundation (not in that sense, its really a great foundation) Gerry Sandusky helped underprivileged kids, he doesn't get a pass. He hosted the Espy because he was a hero, he choked out anyone that accused him of cheating, and went about things in a way in which someone who didn't cheat would. The difference is that he actually did cheat. Maybe Lance Armstrong the person that beat cancer could have come back and just competing in the Tour De France would have had just as a successful cancer foundation if he was on the up and up, did you ever consider that Lance supporters?... Well did you punk?!!!

Nope, nope, I'm not gonna talk about the Lakers, they are under .500 and not even a playoff team, so nope, not gonna do it

At some point we are going to have to seriously consider that Tom Brady is the best player to ever play the game of football. It was brought to my attention that in March of 2012 I sat in a diner in LA and told a friend that the Patriots were toast this year, that losing a Super Bowl takes too much of an emotional toll on a team. Look at the Steelers they lost to the Packers and then turned around and loss in the 1st round to Tim Tebow and the Broncos, sure they'll make the playoffs cause they're in an awful division, but no way they win it. Yes I think they'll lose to the 49ers if they play them in this years Super Bowl, cause the Niners are too physically tough for the Pats and maybe they'll lose to the Ravens in the AFC championship, but no way they lose to the Falcons, but that's not the point. Tom Brady is about to play in his 7th final four. For those who wants some perspective that averages out to more than every other year since he's been in the league,... that he's played in the final four. Joe Montana is 4-0 in SB's but Brady has 3 and has a great chance of playing in his 6th one and doesn't seem to be even close to being done, so if he's not the best, it's just a matter of time... That being said I still need his team to not win it all this year, for monetary purposes.

Ravens -8 over New England
No I don't believe that the Ravens will win, but I don't think this team is about to get blown out either. The Ravens defense is not what they once were and if they're gonna win, they are gonna have to put some pressure on Brady, not so sure that will happen, but no one plays the Pats tougher than the Ravens do. I give the Ravens a punchers chance but in the end Brady will be too much.
Patriots 31-24

San Francisco -3.5 over Atlanta
If the 49ers didn't play so shitty in domes this year, it would be a no brainer. However this game is in a dome, so I have slight pause, just slight. I picked the Niners at the beginning of the year to play in the big game so I may as well not change it now. They are the Seattle Seahawks with just a little better defense and watching film of the 2nd half of that game with Atlanta will propel the Niners to a shoot out win against a mediocre defensive team in the Falcons
San Fran 31- Atlanta 24

Yeah that's the same score, watch and see boo!!
Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment