Friday, February 3, 2012

Prop bets, a new NBA MVP front runner and a re-confirmation about who will win the Super Bowl

I have reviewed the Super Bowl in my head several times and the only way I see the game going over 55 points scored, is if the game goes into overtime and their are more than 6 points scored. Take the under.

I feel like whomever i select as the NBA front runner for this years MVP, I jinx. 1st it was Kobe and upon further study it was apparent that his play, although individually great, is not the most beneficial for the Lakers to succeed. The Lakers need bigger contributions from Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol and since the Lakers don't have a true point guard to allow this, it is up to Kobe to make sure this happens and he has yet to do so. Then it was Dwight Howard, and afterwards his team collapsed and he then proceeded to throw his teammates under the bus to the media. Definitely not MVP worthy. Now this week I will move King James into the slot. Which of course means absolutely nothing. It's obvious that regular season LeBron is the best player in the game but no matter how many MVP's he wins, ultimately he will be judged by what he does in the playoffs. That being said, his numbers this years are off the charts and no one is playing better than he.

If the game features two great QB's, and I DON'T believe that 55 points will be scored. It can only mean FG's will have to be settled for, and I just love the proposition bet of both teams kicking fg's over 33 yards at +140.

Has anyone noticed how well the Denver Nuggets are playing since they got rid of Carmelo Anthony. This maybe the best coaching job of George Karl to date and he has had some doosies over his career. This is the classic case of addition by subtraction, Take 1 malcontent star and trade him for several quality role players. However, for me to consider them championship worthy someone will have to emerge as the go to stud.

I see long drives that stall and long drives equals time off the clock and time off the clock means less possessions for each team and less possessions for each team means no way that their are more than 9 punts in this game, take the under -8.5 total punts -140.

Can March Madness come soon enough. Mens college hoops has quietly become womens college hoops. Is their 1 engaging college hoop story that's worth following? Consider this, the only undefeated team is mid-major Murray St., not one player in the NCAA is truly dominant, the Big Ten will get at least 6 teams in the tournament with only 1 of them able to get consistently over 50 points scored. Strictly from a selfish stand point I wish that college players would have to stay in school for a minimum of 3 years.

Tom Brady and Eli Manning will throw for a lot of yards, Eli over 315, Brady over 320 and those just happen to be the lines set by Vegas, take the over.

Sunday is the big game and I will not be attending anyone's shitty SB party. I don't want to talk to you, I don't care what you think of the commercials, and I definitely don't value your opinion of in-game analysis. So it will be me, with pizza, wings, cap'n and cokes and chocolate chip cookies. For my friends who do not have that option you can call me afterwards and I will let you ramble on aimlessly for 5 minutes about what you thought of the new Pepsi Commercial and how come the Ferris Bueller ad was soooo cool and afterwards I will not talk to you for the rest of february as I try to accept that you are no longer the person that I once knew.

This game is a match-up nightmare for the Patriots. The Giants are the most complete team in the NFL right now. They have great receivers, great QB play, a good running game and defensively they have a pass rush that will give Tom Brady all kinds of fits. However, for 2 specific reasons I pick the Pats, 1 the NFL is a very balanced league and the Pats lost to the Giants once this year in a close game and Belichek is a master of game planning so he will make the necessary adjustments and secondly, Brady will not lose to Eli 3 straight times, PERIOD!!! Patriots 26 Giants 23

Tom Brady 7/5 as the MVP. He's gonna win the super bowl and pass for over 320 yards in the game who else can you take!!!? Deuces

No comments:

Post a Comment