Friday, February 24, 2012

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Woods ya'll

There's a fire burning in my heart and It's a burning for Tiger Woods. I need you Tiger Woods. You were suppose to carry the torch for once in a lifetime transcendent sport athletes. You were instant must see tv. My weekend television, as I lay in bed hungover from work, were suppose to be spent drinking gatorade and being mesmerized by you. Come back Tiger!

Michael Jordan was the last of these players and it was a perfect pass, like an olympic relay race, here Tiger, 'here's the baton, run buddy run, take the athlete of a lifetime mantra and set new measuring sticks for athletes, f**king run'! Peyton Manning can't do it he's mediocre in the playoffs, Tom Brady can't do it he's lost his last 2 superbowls, Lebron hasn't done it YET (there is still a chance) he's ringless and isn't even the closer on his own team, Kobe Bryant is just a creepier version of MJ without the transcendency. Federer? F**king Freddy Adu ? Who the hell is that. Sure these are all great players but Tiger had a chance at being the greatest athlete of all time and that's on da fo real boo. I need you Tiger.

You were not only suppose to beat Jack Nicklaus record of 18 majors, you were suppose to crush it. You were suppose to be at 18 now! I predicted that you would win 2 majors this year. I realize that this was more wishful thinking than any form of acquired knowledge that I have shared over the years, with uncanny accuracy and scary precision. I digress.

I talked to a good friend a few months ago who is an avid golfer. I asked him flat out is Tiger done. He said without hesitation, yep. It's all mental and Tiger has lost his confidence, he said. I didnt want to believe it. You're not factoring in that this is a once in a lifetime athlete, how many times did Ali get written off? He's gonna come back, that's the way the sporting world works. Then yesterday...a dagger, second round in a golf tournament, Tiger just has to make a 5 foot putt... and he misses. That's not what Tiger is suppose to do. Come back Tiger Woods.

This Tiger meltdown is putting a strain into my argument that I made a few years ago, yes Tiger Woods was the more dominant athlete but Michael Jordan success was more difficult www.myspace.com/hugejoker/blog/397761932 I equate this to Gale Sayers being injured in his prime, Bo Jackson, those were guys who had a shot at being transcendent guys but injuries took it away. That's what Tiger is going against right now except that his injury is mental. I think 1 win, 1 crunch time putt will go along way to putting him back on track, but will it come to late? Come on Tiger!!!

If you continue to muddle along I'm gonna be stuck with made up sport heroes, like Tim Tebow or Jeremy Lin. Trust me on this boo, Lin is a lot more like Tebow than people think. In mostly the fact that he is over hyped. Lin is a serviceable player but he was definitely exposed last night in Miami, moving forward I will be interested to see how he deals with transforming from a player with a nothing to lose attitude into a we are now counting on you player and by the way if you can't deliver we have a quality former all star guard waiting in the weeds to take over. That's my next few months Tiger, do you really want this for me? I mean I am a huge procrastinator and it's easy to procrastinate when I'm watching greatness as oppose to random mediocrity

The NBA all-star weekend is here, how do I know, cause black people are going shopping for new suits and dresses like it's new years eve. I will watch the dunk contest this year even though it's composed of journey men. Incredible athletic feats are still incredible athletic feats. LeBron James has never entered the NBA slam dunk contest and to me that says a lot about his make up as a competitor, and gives an explanation to his playoff failures and willingness to leave the Cavs, so he could play with other stars. Ryan Braun won his appeal clearing him of any wrong doing in his steroid case. I kinda don't buy it, but I would love to read the entire MLB report concerning this matter. Rumor has it that he had herpes medication that effected his test results, if that was the case I would have just taken the 50 game suspension.

Til next week and to the greater African-American Community have a safe holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You haven’t seen a golf course until you’ve seen El CamaleĆ³n at the Mayakoba Golf Classic. Imagine playing on that! http://bit.ly/zr9Gbw

    ReplyDelete