Friday, April 27, 2012

NFL draft my ass it's all about the NBA playoffs boo and I'm calling who wins it all

Yes, Lebron James is my 2012 NBA MVP,and yes Lebron James season doesn't start until tomorrow. No one in the history of sports has 1 post season that will go a long way in defining their legacy like the chosen one is about to face. His past failures has accumulated in a win or else situation. Which technically is not true, if Lebron was to play up to his typical regular season greatness mixed in with some 4th quarter magic and his team was to fall short, the onus would the be lifted somewhat from his shoulders, but you and I both know that if Lebron balls the way he'scapable of balling then it's O-va,and that's on da Fo real boo!

Behind Lebron on my MVP list was Durant, Parker, Kobe and Paul (If you need me to spell out their 1st and last names, stop reading right now) Kobe declined to go for the scoring title over Durant claiming 'everyone knows I can score 38 points in 1 game if I wanted to, but it's not about that, it's about the team' I'm so irritated with that statement on so many different levels I'm just gonna leave it. 

Playoff Predictions:
The Eastern Conference has some intriguing match ups but the Bulls have found themselves in my humble opinion to have gotten quite fortunate. The Knicks would have caused them 1st round problems for sure and the Pacers in the 2nd round would have caused them a few more but they don't have to face them. They get a 76ers team who maybe able to snatch 2 games but I suspect 1 win in the 1st round and then, although the Celtics have been savoring a last playoff run they will be hard pressed to get past the Atlanta Hawks who match up very well with the Celts. Either way the Bulls match up well with both and should escape with what I predict 3 losses in the 1st 2 relatively easy rounds. 

Carmelo Anthony has zero fear of Lebron James, zero. He will be putting up strong numbers in his 1st round match up against the Heat but the Heat are still the Heat and both teams will battle hard every game for 3.5 quarters til the Heat put them away in 5 games. On paper the Pacers should match up well with the Heat, they have depth and athleticism, but for some reason they don't and it ain't about to start now. Heat in 6.

If the Bulls are to beat the Heat,then Rip Hamilton will have to play like he's been playing the last couple of weeks. I still think they come up short and lose in 7 games. This is the last time I jump on Lebron's wagon if he doesn't win he may never win one so the Heat will win, with no team hitting over 100 points in any game unless it's in OT, which I can see happening at least twice. There I said it, please prove me wrong Bulls, I love you! I digress.

Most people give the Lakers no chance at all at winning and why should they. They got trampled in the 2nd round last year and this team is worse than last year's. That being said I like them as a solid dark horse. That Maverick team last year had one of those magical ride seasons, where no one was going to beat them, Dirk Nowitzki was playing like a top 10 player of all time, the stars were aligned and the Lakers don't play well from behind. This year their are no such teams and if the Lakers can pound the other teams with their superior front court of Bynum and Gasol they have a fighters chance.

It's so easy to pick the Spurs right now, they are running teams into the ground, they have incredible depth, which if you would have seen them the last 2 games winning on the road without their 3 best players like I have(yes i had money on the games)you would be able to attest to that. However, they are in my humble opinion built for the regular season especially this regular season. It's not a surprise that the 2 best records in this brutal back to back to back regular season are the 2 teams with the most depth, the Spurs and the Bulls, but when the playoffs start rotations are shortened and that takes away a huge advantage the Spurs have and unlike the Bulls who are defensive minded, the Spurs have evolved into an offensive juggernaut which traditionally doesn't play well in the NBA playoffs. Then why do I still choose them to go to the finals...

Cause the Oklahoma City Thunder cannot win a best of seven series against a championship quality team when their best offensive option at the end of a game is a Kevin Durant fade away 3 pointer. Until he learns how to get to the paint or shoot higher quality shots in the clutch sadly the Thunder will falter. What about the Mavs you say, well I think Dirk shot his wad last year and any team with Vince Carter on it should never be taken as a serious championship contender. I think the Bulls and Heat are the studs of the NBA and the Western Conference will be fodder for either team. It's all about match ups yo, and I take the Heat over the Spurs 4-2

No comments:

Post a Comment