Thursday, January 19, 2012

Brady's Jordan vs. Drexler moment and playoff predictions

Flashback...
Remember when Mike and Scottie were on there 2nd championship run, they were about to face off against the Portland Trail Blazers for the '92 throne. All the hype was about Jordan vs. Drexler, some even were calling Clyde Drexler, the Jordan of the West. Then game 1 happened, Jordan dropped 6 three's and 35 points... in the 1st half, dammmnnnnn. Debate over. Jordan later interviewed, stated, he knew the talk was out there and he was to leave no doubt about who the better player was, and that he did. It was historic in that it helped shaped the significance of where we rank the all time greats. Everyone knew that MJ and Clyde were hall of famers but when great players go head to head on the highest stage it gives them a chance to put a stamp on there legacy.

Speaking of must see tv, I try and try to watch college hoops but it looks like it's just a march thing for me

Present Day...
This is why these playoffs are so significant. This is Tom Brady's Jordan vs. Drexler moment. A couple of weeks ago i mentioned that Brady is very well aware of the Tebow, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees talk and that this would fuel his drive to bring home the championship. I believe it more so even now. Tom Brady is not just playing for the Super Bowl, I believe if he wins this, he would have a legitimate claim as the greatest player to have ever played. These are the moments that superior athletes live for. It's when someone thinks that they're no longer the best in the game so they have to go out and prove themselves all over again. Drew Brees broke records, Aaron Rodgers had arguably the best season a QB has ever had and Tim Tebow won games with no real identifiable QB skill. Tom Brady though great, took a back seat. Now I have seen the best of the best, MJ, Barry Bonds, Walter Payton, Magic Johnson, Tiger woods, and they all have the same quality. 'I take a back seat to no one'

Speaking of how dare you forget about me. Kobe Bryant and his green light to shoot whenever he wants, is my new odds on fav to win the MVP this year.

I believe the Ravens can present a real problem to the Pats. The intangibles that works for the Ravens is the fact that the Steelers, there achilles heel for years, is no longer in their way, and usually when a team overcomes there bullying opponent, glory awaits. The Ravens may keep Brady in check, but there anemic offense will not give them enough of a cushion as Brady will score a go ahead TD late in the game which puts the onus on Joe Flacco and I trust Flacco like I trust a crack head with my debit card and password. The Brady legacy grows.

Speaking of not coming thru in the clutch, The Heat looks like the Heat of last year and thats not good for the Heat.

Hey I gotta get my basketball chatter in somewhere.

Ravens +7.5 over the Pats I like the patriots to win but not by more than 7, I mean they're still the Ravens and the Pats have not played a good team including the Broncos in almost 2 months.

Giants +2.5 over the 49ers. How could I forget about the 2 teams that I, and maybe I alone predicted would be competing in the NFC championship game. I think its great the 49ers are back and I love the smash mouth football they play but the Giants are on a roll son AND they can play smash mouth with anybody AND they have a better receiving core than the Saints AND they don't care that they are playing across country. Giants win flat out, call your bookie boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment