Thursday, January 5, 2012

Its the NFL playoffs there is nothing else to talk about!

This playoffs is like a hodgepodge of other playoff seasons. I have seen these playoffs. It's like a weird deja vu, old vhs tape, mixed with a crystal ball kinda feel. When i see the Denver Broncos hosting the Steelers this weekend in the wild card round, I see a mirror image of the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints from last year. One team backed their way into the playoffs, the other team led by a hall of fame QB, with championship pedigree, a solid favorite, even though they are playing on the road, and then as they say sh*t happens!. Marshawn lynch had an improbable touchdown run, turnovers, a crazy hysterical crowd leading them, the underdogs, to an unlikely if not improbable win. This is all too familiar.

The Steelers has averaged only 14 points a game in their last 5 outings and now Big Ben is shaky with a bum ankle, not to mention their top running back and leading tackler are both out. I also believe the Steelers have a bit of the superbowl runner up blues, cleverly disguised by the fact that they are currently the best run organization in sports. Throw into the scenario that everyone has written off 'I don't need proper arm mechanics, I've got Jesus' and a team that has nothing to lose, this adds up to a perfect storm. Broncos 16 Steelers 13

The only team that I don't trust more than the NY Giants are the Atlanta Falcons. I don't even like the nickname of there QB... 'Matty Ice'. It sounds unnatural, unless he is being called that from a black guy. A black guy calling a white guy Matty Ice is passable but if a white guy calls another white guy Matty Ice it just smells wiggerish and that explains why Matty Ice is 0fer in the playoffs. Wiggers don't lead teams because they are followers by nature. I am by no means accusing Matt Ryan of being a wigger but his nickname is, and for that reason alone I pick the Giants to w, rallying n late in the 4th quarter, after Matty Ice commits a late turnover which then, I immediately start a smear campaign changing Matt Ryan's nickname from Matty Ice to Matty Melt.

The best thing that has happened to the Lions is that they got to play the Saints in New Orleans just a few short weeks ago, so the shock should be worn off of playing Drew Brees in the Superdome, where they own the single biggest home field advantage in the NFL. I think they play them tough but the Saints pull it out by 7.

The Bengals and Texans are insignificant because they are both unable to beat anybody in the second round of the playoffs so unless you are a huge fan of either team that game should be watched strictly from a vegas standpoint and I say take the over boo. (38.5)

The Giants vs. the Pack does this seem eerily familiar? A few short years ago the Patriots were on a historic march and along the way they played the Giants who played them tough and lost a close one, but they got the confidence that they could compete and turned around and beat the Pats in the superbowl. Well guess who played the dominant Packers in a close game and get them a gain a few weeks later in the playoffs? Trust me when i say this boo, boo trust me on this, boo.. fo real. The NY Giants are the one team that the Packers don't want to play and if the weather is bad in Lambeau field boo... trust me on this boo, boo? It favors the Giants. Im just dropping knowledge and maybe a little bit of hater-aid on the Pack, but that defense is atrocious and they can't run the ball well so I pick the Giants in an upset.

The Saints fill the same way about the 49ers as the Packers do about the Giants, the difference is they just don't know it yet. The 49ers is going to run the ball down the Saints throat and it ain't nothing they can do about it. Plus that defense will force Drew into a couple of pics.

As Im writing this the Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat are playing in a triple overtime yawner. I get it Atlanta, you had a superstar letdown cause you aren't playing Lebron or D Wade who are injured but you had 5 quarters to get over it. If you want to know what mediocrity looks like I suggest you watch the Atlanta Hawks, a team built for the 2nd round...

The Giants played and loss to the the 49ers earlier this year but that smash mouth defense and running game wont come as a big surprise this time around and the super confident Giants game plan perfectly and head back to the Superbowl.

The AFC is way easier to pick cuz the playoff bottom feeders are so mediocre. The Patriots, Ravens and Steelers are the only legitimate threat to make a SB run and since I have the Steelers getting upset by the Broncos, that leaves the Ravens and Pats. Which makes this a no brainer. I have nothing personal against him and Im sure he's a nice guy but I don't believe in Joe Flacco, ESPECIALLY (when I capitalize words I'm not trying to yell Im just showing an emphasis) against Tom Brady. No rocket science needed. I love Ray Lewis but those NE tight ends will be a handful for the Ravens defense so the Pats by 10.

Ok the Giants and the Patriots are back in the SB, I told you this is deja vu but here are other some things to consider. Bill Belichek is a master against preparing for teams he has already played against just ask Mike Martz. Something else to consider, Tom Brady is not just a pretty boy, make no mistake about it, he's got some Michael Jordan in him, if you don't believe it watch his interview when he talks about being passed up in the draft by so many teams. He has a 'I know you're talking about this guy but f**K him, King Kong ain't got nothing on me' attitude, don' believe me, ask Peyton Manning. All I'm saying is that he dosen't talk about it, but I guarantee that Brady is very well aware that everyone is talking about Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees and when you factor in that Eli Manning beat him in the Superbowl once... It won't happen again and that's on the for real boo. Pats 27 Giants 19

These are bold predictions that only a man of true grit, determination and wealth of knowledge can lay out. That being said I sure wouldn't mind Brady playing against Rodgers in a SB for the ages.

Someone dominated with a 4-0 record on my lock picks, when typically the last week of the season is the most difficult to pick, Im just saying

Detroit/New Orleans under 59.5 thats way to many points even though I admit that it wouldn't surprise me if 100 pointes were scored

Broncos/Steelers under 34 I would take the under if it was 7

Bengals/Texans over 38.5 did you not just read my blog

Giants -3 over the Falcons Can you honestly bet on a guy named Matty Ice, seriously!


No comments:

Post a Comment