Friday, December 7, 2012

My Heisman pick, Kobe top 5? and Vegas Picks

The way I see it, if you're undefeated and playing for the National Championship and you've been the best player on the field for every game, it shouldn't matter whether or not you play offense or defense, for that reason I feel Notre Dame's Manti Te'o should be this year's Heisman  winner, even though I'm generally not a fan of people with apostrophes in their name (ahem, Mike D'Antoni). I wouldn't at all be surprised if freshman Johnny Manziel wins the award, cause the media is hung up on the Alabama upset, even though I would personally have him 3rd on my ballot behind Kansas State's Collin Klein, who was equally as important to his teams success as Johnny Football was, and led his team to within a game of playing for the National Championship. When voting for these awards, emotion should be removed and only rationale of the highest order should be used!!! God, why don't I have a vote?!!!

Kobe Bryant just hit 30k points and could easily become the all-time points leader if he plays another 3+ years. The topic of course is brought up, if Kobe is one of the top 5 players to ever play. I had Kobe ranked #10 when i dropped my all-time top 25, this summer and here is what I wrote:
10. Kobe Bryant is the second best 2 guard to ever play the game. He has been too date, the closest thing we have ever seen to 'You Know Who'. In the last 10 years he has been the 1 guy who you definitively felt if it's the end of the game and the ball is in his hand, it's a bucket. I know stats show that hero ball doesn't work but when the last olympic team needed buckets they didn't go to lebron or D-Wade, they called on the Black Mamba. He had arguably the best mid-range game ever, at times he played like the best perimeter defender in the league, he was the most competitive person in his era, he won 5 championships, 2 finals MVP, 1 regular season MVP, 10x's All 1st team NBA, 9x's defensive 1st team, dropped 81 points in a game and beat a rape charge (I kinda wish every statistical run could end in a overturned criminal charge, for example "...And that Mofo beat a murder rap")

Why he's not higher: Kobe Bryant got kinda lucky when he went to the Lakers. I mean playing with Shaq put him on an instant title contender and no doubt Kobe's play was a big part of them winning 3 straight 'chips but that was Shaq's team. I hated the Lakers and I always yelled, "why is Rick Fox, Derek Fisher and Robert Horry so wide open all the time" because Shaq was the most dominant force on the team and everyone was collapsing on him leaving those role players wide open. One of the measuring sticks to find the greatness in a superstar is how good he makes role players and Shaq was the one that did that for them.  Kobe was the closer for sure, but he never made anyone better, which is why when Shaq left they were 1 and done in the playoffs for 2 years and missed the playoffs in the other year. I always think that Magic kind of had the same situation. Magic could have ran Kareem off the team if he wanted, but Magic was all about winning, Kobe was all about winning too, as long as he was the man, which ultimately led to the Lakers getting rid of Shaq. They could have won 6 titles if they had stayed together but it wasn't to be and that's why Kobe's top 5 talent couldn't overcome his lack of overall leadership which keeps him behind this far better teammate... (The rest of my top 25 can be found on www.kevinbozeman.com)

I have been uneven with my Vegas picks these last 2 weeks going 1-3 last week, and 2-2 the week before, but with the air of unemployment surrounding me in my swanky, Detroit, Red Roof Inn hotel room, I can only get better...

Jets -2.5 over Jacksonville
last week the Jets struggled and struggled to score points, so they benched Mark Sanchez and naturally it should have been Tebow time, but no Tebow is out with fractured ribs, so now they go back to Sanchez. We as football fans were saved from non-stop Tebow coverage, that's gotta mean something.  BTW I strongly suggest you don't watch this game, it will hurt your eyes...
Jets  19- Jags 13

Bears-2.5 over Minnesota
To my recollection last weeks loss to the Seahawks, was only the 2nd time the Bears loss when Cutler played at the very least a decent game. Some of that blame goes to Lovie who should know, that if you're up by 7 points and have a chance to go up by 10, take the points, to me that swung the game, even though it didn't play out until the very end. Now the Bears face the " I'm not sure if Adrian Peterson's surgery didn't cost $6 million dollars" man, he's a beast, but Cutler will out duel Steve Austin, for this I'm sure of 
Bears 24 - Vikings 17

Tampa -7 over Philadelphia
Ummmm... Have you not read my last 5 blogs
Tampa 38-27

Tampa over 47.5
Uhhhh, what?!!!

Cowboys + 3 over the Bengals
The Cowboys as an underdog is almost a must play. As soon as you write them off, is generally when they are at their best. The Bengals have been playing awesome these last few weeks. It's a perfect storm, the Cowboys will win this week and get you back on the bandwagon and then unscrew the wheels the following week. They live their entire football season for you to put your eggs in the Cowboy basket and then they stomp on them, it's as if they are the shittiest Easter Bunny that ever lived. You're no Guardian Cowboys, you're no frickin Guardian
Cowboys 24-Bengals 21
Next week Cowboys lays an egg against Pittsburgh

Dueces



No comments:

Post a Comment