Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 17 vegas picks baby!!!

Week 17 is here, the final week of the football season. The NFL dominates too much of my Sept.-Dec. to address anything else but the upcoming games today. So lets get down to it:

Bengals -2.5 over Ravens
Yeah the Ravens kicked the shit out of the Giants last week, so I'm suppose to buy that they are in championship form, now. I don't buy it, the Ravens will be lucky to win a game in the playoffs. Ed Reed has lost about a $1,000,000 this year due to illegal hits, that's gotta take a toll on your psyche. I mean Adam PAC-MAN Jones couldn't blow that much money at a strip club. The Bengals on the other hand is quietly playing like one of the 5 best teams in the NFL and that spells trouble for the Crows
Bengals 20-Ravens 10

Patriots-10 over Dolphins
Every time I take the Pats they don't cover. It's the last week of the season so they need some mojo. The 'Fins played them tough last outing and no one makes better adjustments to an opponent better than Belichek, with a return to action by Gronkowski, (who by the way fucked my fantasy football team) I expect nothing less than a 2 touchdown performance from him just to spite me.
Patriots 31-Dolphins 17

Houston/Colts over 46
Who knows who is gonna win this game, I certainly don't. I never bet against a guy who beats cancer. Head coach Chuch Pagano has done so, and for that reason I root for him. I gotta think though that the Texans hasn't played well all season long just to lose a bye week. I do know this. Andrew Luck can lead his team into some points and Arian Foster is gonna run over the Colts.
Winning Team 27 - losing team 24

Bears-3 over Detroit
Okay I'm pretty sure I know how this plays out, the Bears beat the crappy teams and lose to the good teams. The 6 losses the Bears have incurred this year has been to the Packers (2), 49ers, Seattle, Houston and Minnesota all play off teams if the season ended now. The lions are not a good team. They have an exceptional wide receiver in Calvin Johnson and still has managed only 4 wins. No way the Bears lose, no way...
Bears 44- Lions 0 Calvin Johnson 122 receiving yards

Bears/Lions under 45
I don't care how you slice it:
Bears 44- Lions 0 Bears has 3 defensive/special teams touchdowns 
Bears 34-Lions 10 Bears has 2 defensive/special teams touch downs + an offense
Bears 28 -Lions 16 Bears has 2 defensive/ special teams touch downs
Bears 24-Lions 20 Cutler plays like a franchise QB and out duels a Lions team with nothing to lose
All plausible 

Packers -3.5 over Minnesota
This is as healthy the Packers has been all season long and I can't see how Aaron Rodgers loses with his full complement of receivers, even if it is against a robot who goes by the name of Adrian Peterson. The Vikings has been incredibly resilient. That's mostly due to Adrian Peterson. He is my MVP to to date. I have never actually seen a runaway slave run, but I imagine that slave would run like Peterson. That being said. I close my eyes and let logic kick in; Rodgers or Ponder, Rodgers or Ponder... Rodgers!!! Don't let that hook deter you either, the Packers have no faith in their kicker so they'll be going for TD's 
Packers 24-Lions 17

Cowboys +3 over the Redskins
By the time this game gets underway, the fate of my Bears will have been decided. So even though I can give a rats ass about who wins, I think Romo finds a way to squeak out a victory only to blow it the following week in the playoffs.
Cowboy 23-Skins 22
Next week Seattle 23- Cowboys 22

See you next year!!!
Dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment